Friday, April 12, 2013

Vacation Reading April 2013

I love to read and learn through books everyday and as a teacher find great joy when children enjoy the books that I recommend.  At this time of year, I find myself reflecting on my own reading and continuing to make my book piles for completion.  Recently, I joined a group where I can review books with an added plus of having the publishing companies actually send me the books for free.  On this listing it states if the author is available for book visits.  I am very excited to begin reading these books!!!  As I read them I will post my opinions for all of you.  To my teacher friends, I hope you enjoy our upcoming vacation week and read.  Below is one book I recently read aloud to my son, Xander.


Mammoths on the MoveMammoths on the Move by Lisa Wheeler
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Xander checked out this book from the school library because he loves mammoths.  The descriptive words and active verbs make the text so engaging for this particular age group.  I'd recommend it!



No comments:

Post a Comment