Sunday, December 2, 2012

December 2, 2012

Today, I write this post on my way to get holiday pictures completed with Xavier and Xander and my nieces and nephews in New Hampshire. My focus this week was to look for Christmas "Holiday stories".  I also got to be video-taped reading my favorite picture book "A Quiet Place" by  Douglas Wood. My school district wants to start a program where they record students,teachers, and community members reading their favorite books.  I have already talked to some of the students I work with and have interest. If others are interested please let me know and I would be happy to help you get started.  This week I read "Very Merry Christmas Tales" this book has short stories about the Christmas holiday from a variety of authors.  I think it will be good to use in guided reading groups because the stories are only 8-10 pages long.

No comments:

Post a Comment