Sunday, December 23, 2012

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

I can't believe that another year has come so quickly.  Today, I achieved my reading goal for the year which was 150 books.  It felt great to meet this goal!  In 2013, I will have to challenge myself even more because I am always looking for good books to recommend to the students I read with, by own sons, and my nieces and nephews.  During, this holiday season, my nieces and nephews call me "Aunt Diana, The book fairy".  It is so nice for me to see the joy that books can bring to children and adults alike.

Here are some of the books I have been reading over the last couple of weeks:


Tales Of A Fourth Grade Nothing; [And], SuperfudgeTales Of A Fourth Grade Nothing; [And], Superfudge by Judy Blume
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Loved the Superfudge book.
Guided Reading Level Q




IshIsh by Peter H. Reynolds
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This story is the sequel to Peter H. Reynolds book Dots. In this story, Ramon doesn't think she can draw well until her art teacher encourages her to draw more.  At home her brother is not very nice.  Then Marisol her sister helps Ramon understand why drawing can be so much fun.

Guided Reading Level J
Themes:  Family, understanding, courage

This is a great short read in my opinion.  This would be a good story to discuss in small group.



Squid and Octopus Friends for AlwaysSquid and Octopus Friends for Always by Tao Nyeu
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Cute story about overcoming obstacles.  I think it would be a better read-aloud for preschool students.


For all my teacher friends, I hope you enjoy the vacation week and read.  Merry Christmas and Happy New  Year!





No comments:

Post a Comment