Sunday, November 25, 2012

November 25, 2012

I am feeling very blessed during this Thanksgiving break because of the opportunities I have had to catch up with friends and family.  Reading is such an important part of my life and it is my continued hope that I can inspire others to read. One book really spoke to me and the profile is below.


The Best Christmas Pageant EverThe Best Christmas Pageant Ever by Barbara Robinson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I loved this book!  It made me think about what the true meaning of Christmas is all about.  Also the old adage came to my mind that one should not judge a book by its cover. Lots of comedy and humor in this book when Charlie's mother talks about the Herdman family.  I am going to use this for a guided reading group in December.  It has 108 pages and I recently purchased it for $1.00 at my school book-fair.


Lexile: 930
Grade Level Equivalent: 5.1
Guided Reading Level:  Not available at this time.
Themes:  Christmas, Humor, Manners


 I also wanted to let my Sanford colleagues know that this week on Wednesday, November 28, 2012, I am going to the television station in town.  The people who run the station are going to be making a video of me reading "Quiet Place" by Don Wood.  It is one of my all-time favorite books.


No comments:

Post a Comment