Sunday, September 16, 2012

September 16, 2012




I hope all of you had a great weekend.  I enjoyed my day of learning at the University of Southern Maine with my colleagues from the Southern Maine Writing project.  It was nice to have time to reflect on my teaching practice as I am doing a teacher research project on pre-writing strategies with some of the students in my Title I program.  One book that I would like to highlight is a book that I have been reading out loud to my boys.


The Way of the Warrior (Young Samurai, #1)The Way of the Warrior by Chris Bradford

This  book about a journey that one boy makes to become a warrior.

For students to read independently I would recommend grade 6 and above. Lots of twists and turns in this book.  Xavier was able to use visualizing a lot as he listened to this text.  Great Story!

2 comments:

  1. Diana,
    It was really so great seeing you Saturday at USM. I love reading your blog.
    When I was working in elementary school, I would go down to the book room after school every Friday to choose books for my students for the next week. I would have loved to have this blog to use as a resource for choosing books! It would have made things a lot easier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Martha: It was nice to see you as well. I am glad you like the blog.

      Delete