Sunday, September 23, 2012

My favorite books from the week 9.23.12

In this post I wanted to list some of the books I read this week to my sons and students.  Lots of them are read-aloud type stories.  Since it is beginning to get close to Halloween I found a couple of those stories as well.  I hope you enjoy some of my picks.


Hop on PopHop on Pop by Dr. Seuss
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Xander loved reading this book to me today.  Great beginner reader!

Guided Reading Level: J



The Littlest DinosaurThe Littlest Dinosaur by Michael Foreman
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I read this book to my son Xander today and he really enjoyed it. The book was about being a hero.  The littlest dinosaur needs to help his family in their time of need and finds an unlikely friend along the way.

Grade Level 3.7
No guided reading to be found
Themes:  Bravery, being a hero


Inside a House That is HauntedInside a House That is Haunted by Alyssa Satin Capucilli
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Here is the hand that knocked on the door and startled the spider that dropped to the floor.

Guided Reading Level: J
Word Count 472 words
Grade Level: 1-2

Theme:  Halloween



The Little Old Lady Who Was Not Afraid of AnythingThe Little Old Lady Who Was Not Afraid of Anything by Linda D. Williams
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Another great read-aloud story.  This makes me think of Halloween.










No comments:

Post a Comment