Sunday, September 9, 2012

First week of School 2012

Xavier and Xander (my boys) and the students I work with at school had a great first week of school.  I always enjoy listening to what everyone did on their summer vacation.  I received a few suggestions from the students at school that I have added to my read list.  One book that I would like to highlight today is Dinosaur Detectives by Peter Chrisp.


DK Readers: Dinosaur DetectivesDK Readers: Dinosaur Detectives by Peter Chrisp
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This book provided some good information about dinosaurs. Lots of vocabulary and challenging sentence structure. There was also a complete glossary and index at the end of the book. They also had bars on the side that went into further detail about particular people. My boys found that interesting!

Guided reading level: Q



At my school I know we are trying hard to expose students to more non-fiction.  This particular series DK Readers in my opinion is really well done for kids.  They have many other books about different topics that you may want to check out.

No comments:

Post a Comment