Sunday, August 12, 2012

Literacy Ladies Books

I am involved with a great group of ladies in a book club for adults.  We have been getting together for the last two and a half years.  I really enjoy our time together talking about the books that each other suggest.  When I tell people that I am in a book club they always ask me "What are you reading?" .  I wanted my entry today to list as many of those books as possible.  As I have mentioned before you can always go onto goodreads.com to see my complete listing of books.   I hope everyone has a happy reading day.


How an Economy Grows and Why It CrashesHow an Economy Grows and Why It Crashes by Peter D. Schiff
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I really liked how it put the economy in easy words to understand.








Bringing Up Bébé: One American Mother Discovers the Wisdom of French ParentingBringing Up Bébé: One American Mother Discovers the Wisdom of French Parenting by Pamela Druckerman
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

As a mom I could see why many could take away pearls of wisdom from Pamela Druckerman. I sure did. How she explains children and eating really hit home for me. Thanks for recommending this Kathy Boucher.









The Help by Kathryn Stockett
                                   My rating: 5 of 5 stars

The HelpAfter book club yesterday I went home and finished the entire book. I could not stop reading it. Now I really want to see the movie to see if it compares to the book. Great book!!!











































































































































Growing Up Amish: A MemoirGrowing Up Amish: A Memoir by Ira Wagler
My rating: 3 out of 5 stars

I wanted to find out what happened to Ira Wagler. Does he find happiness? I think he answered that question very clearly at the end of the story. I am looking forward to our discussion at book club.




Animal, Vegetable, Miracle






This is our current book (August 2012).






No comments:

Post a Comment