Friday, August 10, 2012

August 10, 2012 Reflecting on my Reading Week

The Lucky LizardThe Lucky Lizard by Ellen A. Kelley
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This story is told from the lizard's point of view and talks about his relationship with Todd an eight year old boy who is very afraid to learn about riding his bike.



Guided Reading Level: P
Lexile 550
DRA: 38

Themes: Culture/Diversity, Animals and Character Values


Who Ran My Underwear Up The FlagpoleWho Ran My Underwear Up The Flagpole by Jerry Spinelli
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Guided Reading level U: Very witty story about four students in grade 5 and the how the friendship these characters have make them better. Lots of humor in text. I'd use this text to work on vocabulary and character relationships.

View all my reviews



I really enjoyed these particular texts and put labels below for both of them.  Great stories that I highly recommend and plan on using with my guided reading groups this Fall.  I am excited that I still have two more weeks to read and reflect on the texts my children and I are reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment