Sunday, December 15, 2013

Welcome Cybils Fans!

December 15, 2013

Dear Readers,

I know it has been a while since I have posted on this blog.  I recently finished up reading several books for the Cybil Awards.  It has been a great honor for me to be on this panel with such wonderful literacy minded individuals. I will be posting my favorites from over 80 books that I have read in the last couple of months next week.  In January 2014, I have the honor of attending a workshop where Lucy Calkins is the guest speaker.  I am in the midst of reading "Pathways to the Common Core".  I hope to get her autograph when I attend this workshop.  Thank you to those who sent sympathy cards on the passing of my grandmother, Betty Kelley.  She always modeled to me the importance of reading and as I got older we would share stories with each other.  

Happy Holidays everyone.  Please be on the look out for my Cybil Award post.

Sincerely,
Diana Pettis

No comments:

Post a Comment