Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Great Series books that I read this summer

Granny Torrelli Makes SoupGranny Torrelli Makes Soup by Sharon Creech
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This story is about people named Granny Torrelli, Bailey, Rosie. They have a pasta party at the end and there was a lot of talk about Pardo, Marco, and Violetta and dog named Nero. In one part of the story Bailey goes missing and everyone in the neighborhood looks for him. It turns out he is taking a very long walk and was sitting on the porch when they found him. People who like stories about friendship would enjoy this book. As told to me by Xavier, 9 going into grade 4


Guided Reading Level: R
Themes: friendship, family



Alone In His Teacher's House (Marvin Redpost 4, paper)Alone In His Teacher's House by Louis Sachar
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Predictable story, Guided reading Level L. Marvin is very lucky that his teacher trusts him to watch her dog Waldo. What will happen when Mrs. North is gone?





I found my big problem this summer was that there is so many books out there to read for children.  One thing to always remember in my opinion is that they have to be of quality and children need to be able to make that connection.




No comments:

Post a Comment